How to Use Facial Oils
How to Use Facial Oils
Facial oils have gained popularity in recent years as a way to cleanse, hydrate and lock moisture into your skin. They can tackle texture issues, dry patches, dark spots and dull skin. Skin-friendly oils can also be used for facial massage to de-stress, reduce puffiness and soothe tired skin. The benefit of oils is that they don't need synthetic fillers or stabilisers like creams do. When you choose the right oil, you're only putting pure ingredients with each ingredients being beneficial and promoting optimum skin health. You're not paying for unnecessary fillers, waters or redundant cheap ingredients.
There are hundreds of different oils out there that are used for different skin types and skin conditions with amazing results. The key is finding the right oil for you and figuring out when and how to use it.
What is a Facial Oil?
A facial oil works to moisturise the skin as an emollient, as well as locking in moisture (an occlusive). This means that the facial oil acts as a barrier to keep moisture in and keep free-radicals and other environmental damage out.
Here are some of the most common facial oils and what they’re used for:
- Normal Skin – Hemp Oil, Grapeseed Oil and Coconut Oil are all great choices for normal skin as they hydrate, brighten and can even boost collagen production.
- Dry Skin – Meadowfoam Oil, Almond Oil and Avocado Oil are all nourishing and hydrating, making it before for dry skin that needs moisture.
- Oily Skin – Hemp Oil, Grapeseed Oil and select essential oils are perfect for oily skin to regulate sebum production and handle clogged pores.
- Combination Skin – Jojoba Oil, Flaxseed Oil and Borage Seed Oil are all good choices for the different needs of this skin type.
If you’re dealing with acne or rosacea, try choosing oils containing Borage Seed Oil , Hemp Seed Oil or Meadowfoam Seed Oil to help balance sebum production, cell production, sensitivity and scarring without clogging pores further. These oils are very similar to the natural fats in your skin, allowing for balanced skin that isn't too oily or too dry. If your skin is sensitive or extremely problematic, invest in oils containing cannabinoids like cannabidiol (CBD) or cannabigerol (CBG). These ingredients are hemp extracts that work in a similar way to traditional anti-inflammatories and work to protect the skin in a powerful way.
How to Apply Facial Oil
You should apply facial oil as one of the last steps in your skin care routine – after your moisturiser, but before your sunscreen (yes, you should be wearing sunscreen all year round). This way it can lock in moisture but won’t affect your SPF.
Start off with clean, exfoliated skin and then apply your moisturiser as normal (We recommend deDANÚ CBD Face Cream). Apply a few drops of facial oil (no need to overdo it) into your hand and gently smooth and press into the skin on your face with the palms of your hand. Facial oil can be applied daily, morning and evening, as needed. Gentle, fragrance free natural oils can be applied around the eye area. Be cautious of oils with synthetic fragrances and ingredients that can cause issues and damage skin over time.
Try not to apply your facial oil direct from the dropper as this can contaminate your oil with bacteria from your skin. You don’t need to apply loads of oil either, as your skin will only absorb what it can.
Extra Tips for Using Facial Oils:
You can use facial oil instead of moisturiser too, it’s really down to personal preference and how your skin handles it. For dry, thirsty or dehydrated skin it can really change its condition for the better. Facial oil can even be mixed in with your primer or dabbed on parts of your face for extra glow.
Looking for the perfect facial oil to enhance your complexion, boost glow and nourish your skin? Try our Goddess Elixir for dewy perfection.
About deDANÚ's Goddess Elixir
- It is a deeply hydrating elixir, designed to nourish skin cells with potent plant extracts high in vitamin C + antioxidants.
- This elixir is specially designed to be a multi-functional product, safe to use on sensitive eye areas and targeted areas on the face and body.
- A surge of caffeine helps with tired eyes while vitamins A, C, E + GLA (gamma-linolenic acid) help delicate skin for a smoother, brighter eye area. Pure cannabidiol (CBD) is amplified by replenishing borage and meadowfoam oils, plus moisturizing hemp seed oil and calming avocado.
- These additional soothing ingredients work with CBD as well as pressed coffee and cumin seeds to help address the underlying causes of aging.
- From the first use, this skin-transforming blend inhibits stressors to steadily improve clarity and visibly minimize sensitivity.
- The formula is all natural ingredients and fragrance free. It has an earthy, natural scent that you will ground you and centre you.
Leave a comment